2010年3月26日 星期五

The Time I Learned a Lesson


I went to school with my good friend, Emily, every day when I was a senior high school student. We used to take the MRT to school. One day, we saw a foreigner when we were waiting for the train in the MRT station. “Have you seen him before? ”I said. With a shrug, Emily gave me a strange look. When we saw him, he saw us too. Next he walked to us, and asked us to help him because he had no money to go home. He told us that he had asked for many people’s help, but all of them rejected him. On his face we saw how anxious and pitiable he was. Out of sympathy, Emily took out her purse and she gave three hundred dollars to him. But when we went to school the next day, we found the terrible truth that he was a liar. We saw him still at the MRT station and asked another victim to help him. And he did so for the next few days. My good friend was very depressed. So, in the end both of us learned a lesson that we should not show our sympathy without thinking, and we should be alert in public places, especially to strangers.

沒有留言:

張貼留言